augustinesoftware.com
September 22, 2017, 05:35:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TimeSheet and TimeSheet Lite Released!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What feature would you like to see added to Easy TimeSheet next?
New email formats, such as XML, Human Readable, etc - 2 (20%)
Support for creating Clients - 2 (20%)
Archiving option for time entries - 6 (60%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming Features (Vote for your Top Two)  (Read 9444 times)
Charles Augustine
Administrator

« on: December 13, 2008, 02:34:06 PM »

I have posted this poll to get some user feedback regarding which direction to take Easy TimeSheet next.  What feature do you most want to see?  If a feature you want isn't included in the Poll, reply below and I will add it.

Thanks,
-- Charles
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 04:31:26 PM by Charles Augustine » Logged
lcmarincek

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 04:03:20 PM »

First of all, congratulations for the play/pause activities interface. It´s exactly the interface I was searching for.
However, when it comes to the reports, I think Timesheet lacks at least of a daily summary (how much time was spent on each activity on each day, as well as the total time spent on all activities).  In my case,  it´s more important to know how much time was spent on an activity during a specific period (a day, for instance) than when I started, paused and resumed working on it. I´m not sure whether this is the second suggestion on the poll, but I voted for it.

Regards
Charles Augustine
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 04:18:41 PM »

Knowing the time for a particular project would be part of the reports feature (second option in the poll).  Thanks for your feedback.
andreh

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 09:08:04 AM »

I really need custom global tasks that are saved after time is reset. Currently, I will have to re-enter tasks at the end of each pay cycle. I have multiple businesses, with each set up as a project. Many of the tasks such as accounting, marketing, and getting supplies (shopping) are the same throughout. Also, even when the tasks don't cross project lines, task types still repeat from week to week.
ChemBob

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 09:36:33 PM »

I have to compile a monthly report of my work for some of my clients with a day by day breakdown and a reporting feature that includes task comments, etc., would help a lot. I am a new user (bought tonight) and I expect I'll be back with more requests. I checked all (I think it was all) of the time tracking apps on the iTunes store and yours seemed to have the best features for the way I work. I do hope you keep updating and refining it.
Charles Augustine
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 05:01:25 PM »

Hi andreh/ChemBob,

Now that I've finished up the SMTP client parts of TimeSheet (the update is in the review process), I am going to start working on the reporting feature next.  Hopefully this will make it easier to compile the weekly and monthly reports for everyone (including me).

Looks like according to the Poll, global task and persistent project task setup is next on the feature list.

Stay tuned for more updates.

-- Charles
jpearce

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 04:01:16 PM »

Maybe I can already do this, but (a) it would be nice to be able to turn off the timer from the Entry Details or Time Entries screens.  Occasionally I have a timer running and I want to round off that time item, but I need to back out 2 oe 3 screens before I can get to a Pause control.

Also (b) I'd like to be able to do a mass delete of all time entries occurring before a specific period.  I download my time every 2 weeks for reporting, and I don't need to accumulate it in TimeSheet.  And it's too combersome to delete the entires individually.

I've only been using this for about 2 weeks, so maybe there are some workarounds that I don't know about.  If so, please let me know.

Great product - I need to track every minute of my day and this makes it pretty easy.

Jon
Charles Augustine
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 04:04:16 PM »

Hey Jon,

There isn't currently a way to pause an active entry from the entry list or the entry detail screen.  I've been considering adding a header to the tables in these two views that has the pause/play button and the timer info (such as the table cell in the project detail screen).

Regarding deleting entries, you can currently delete all entries, but you cannot delete entries prior to a certain time.  I will try and work this into the reporting functionality.

Thanks for using Easy TimeSheet,
-- Charles
fritsander

Email
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 04:15:08 PM »

Charles,

I find you app very good.

There is one feature that is worth adding and that the ability to add a break within a start and a finish time. I also have an app that has this implemented. For me it would be very helpful since I want to know how long I've been on location and what is the amount of time that can be attributed to a break (lunches for instance, currently these are not billable for me). I don't want to change my actual start and finish times and I don't want to add for example lunchbreaks afterwards because I will forget that I had them of that I didn't have them.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Fritsander
Charles Augustine
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 04:32:36 PM »

Hi Fritsander,

I might suggest that you create a new time entry and make it a negative amount for the duration of your lunch/break.  This will have the desired effect of letting you know how much time you were on site (your main entry will have this duration) and how much you should bill for.  I'll think about how I might implement this feature in the future in a more straight forward way.

Thanks for the suggestion,
-- Charles
jpearce

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 07:28:13 AM »

It would be very helpful to have a "stop all timers" button available at all times.  Frequently I need to adjust the ending time for a running timer (because I starting a different task a while ago), and currently I have to go back several screens to stop the timer before I can correct the ending time. 

Also - the new emailing function doesn't appear to let you select which email account to use.  I had to disable several email accounts that exist but don't connect to their ISPs properly to force it to use the email account that does work properly. 

BTW - I created an Access database with a saved .CSV import and a set of reports that will print out all tasks sorted by date and time, and also date and activity, which I use to complete my timesheet every other week.  Works great.

Jon
Charles Augustine
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 11:27:20 AM »

The version I'm working on now has the option to show a quick editor for a time entry when it is finished (either by pausing it, or starting another).  This should make it easier for you to deal with the scenario where you want to adjust the end time of one entry because you've started another one and the time is awkward.

The new email feature actually will let you select which email account you're sending from (incidentally, this whole feature is Apple's code).  Just tap the row that says "Cc/Bcc, From: <email address>".  Although it looks disabled, this will expand and let you set these values.

Thanks for the suggestion,
-- Charles
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: