augustinesoftware.com
November 24, 2017, 12:17:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TimeSheet and TimeSheet Lite Released!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 Suggestions, Timing reminder and Groups  (Read 4528 times)
kpluck

« on: March 02, 2010, 10:16:46 AM »

Hello,

I purchased TimeSheet and use it all the time. However, I would love to see two features added.

First, a timing reminder. What I mean by this is a method where the user would have the option of having the application ask, with an alert of some sort, after a user specified number of minutes, if the time should continue running on the current project. One thing that happens to me on occasion is that I forget the timer is running, finish up on a task and then forget to turn it off. If a reminder came up after 30 minutes and I didn't acknowledge that I wanted to continue, the timer would stop.

Second idea would be to have groups of projects. I would like to have a group project, for example, a magazine. Then have sub projects underneath, for example, ads. The idea would be I could have times for individual projects in a group, and the group would automatically keep track of the total amount of time. In my example, the magazine project might have 10 sub projects, say 9 ads and 1 for general layout. Another example might be one client that you have several different jobs in progress and you want to track them separately but also keep a running total for the client.

These two features are important enough that I would pay for the app again if an upgrade included them.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks,
Keith
Charles Augustine
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 11:05:05 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions Keith,

I thought about adding a timing reminder before, but the real problem here is that I can't run the app in the background.  Given that fact, it would only work if the app was open for those 30 minutes.

Regarding grouping projects, the next version will support clients.  As for sub-projects, this is what tasks are intended to do at the moment (which you can set on each time entry).  The only problem with tasks in the current version is that you can't easily generate reports that are limited to particular tasks.  I hope to remedy this in the next version as well.

-- Charles
kpluck

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 01:19:45 PM »

Thanks for the quick response!

Forgot about the background app thing. I guess that wouldn't work. I look forward to seeing the next version.

Again, nice product!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: