augustinesoftware.com
November 24, 2017, 12:16:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TimeSheet and TimeSheet Lite Released!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Overtime / rush fees  (Read 4364 times)
RenHoek

« on: January 02, 2010, 04:30:52 AM »

Hi,

I would like to see an adjustment to one's hourly rate based on the number of weekly work hours.

I'm a freelance art director and I'm fortunate enough to be able to charge an extra 50% when I work more than 40 hours per week.

Thanks for considering this feature or for describing a work-around

RH
Charles Augustine
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 08:24:45 PM »

Hi Ren,

The only way I can suggest you work around this feature's absence at the moment is to create an overtime project for when you need to charge a different rate.  Obviously this is a manual workaround and not a great solution.  I have definitely thought about adding overtime calculation, but it becomes complicated given people have different notions of a work week and when overtime kicks in.  For example, do you get overtime in a given day after 8 hours, or just in a given week after 40?  Does your week start on Tuesdays or Sundays?  If a stint of work crosses over into the next week or day (all-nighters are unfortunate realities) does the whole amount count towards overtime or just the part up until midnight?  Is the rate 2x on holidays?

I guess I could start with a somewhat less configurable option and fine-tune it from there.

Thanks for the suggestion,
-- Charles
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: