augustinesoftware.com
November 24, 2017, 12:21:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TimeSheet and TimeSheet Lite Released!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Additional suggestions  (Read 5156 times)
pms

Email
« on: November 04, 2009, 12:23:36 AM »

Good product have been using it a couple of weeks and have a few suggestions

1. Ability to clear end time if one accidently stops a task ie when going in to edit task data can accidently hit start/stop button thus stopping clock.

2. Set up some default reports for day, week or even month by entering start date only. This may include options of having headers by project (current), task or time (start-end) which is usefull when doing multiple tasks on different projects in a day.

3. Ability to edit in report view and make changes - at least ability to scroll through longer comments.

4. Ability to include within a task breaks or non-billable hrs field. Breaks could be a pre-defined group of tasks that have no rate but don't stop the clock as such but subtracted from the total hours - user simply inserts a break with duration at the end of the day (or whenever) for say lunch, other calls or other breaks as defined from the list and completes the necessary duration which is then subtracted from the billable hours, thereby preserving the end time correctly.

5. Possibility of a linked task flag that will update it's time if the the proceeding tasks start time is editted or preceeding tasks end time is changed - this is when sequential task are input and may be controlled if a task is terminated by a new task starting thus the tasks start-end times are linked.

6. View screen option of tasks rather than projects - when new task is started then the clock is updated as per current function, however the user then assigns the task to a project rather than the current option of project then task - essentially give 2 input screen options of (current) project-task as well as task-project with same time and comment fields.

7. Ability to import and export to iCal would also be great as I can/do use this app to schedule meetings, appointments or planned work schedules in the future - hence week or month report summaries as above

Just some observations and suggestions for improvements as the way I use the application for my business where I can be doing multiple task on different projects in a day.

Simon  Smiley
Charles Augustine
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 12:01:16 PM »

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the suggestions.  I have already implemented number two in the version I'm currently working on, and I thought you could already scroll through the whole comment in report view (as noted in number 3).  I'll have to check that out.  I'll have to give some thought to the remainder of these suggestions.

-- Charles
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: