augustinesoftware.com
September 22, 2017, 05:36:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TimeSheet and TimeSheet Lite Released!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My suggestions  (Read 4502 times)
scole

Email
« on: June 29, 2009, 09:58:21 PM »

First, I looked at both your program and Timesheet 101. I definately think your program is best suited for this type of work. That said, I do have some suggestions which would make this program much more useful for me.

* Rounding Interval- Let's say I want to round my times to 15 minute intervals. When I get to a screen to adjust any blocks of time, the interface presents the user with the full range of time (0-59 minutes, 0-59 seconds). I don't know if Apple's SDK allows for this but I would like to see the time control match the user's preference specified in the Settings dialog. So, in my example above, all I would be presented with would be 00,15,30,45.

* Global Tasks- I see them under the Settings but have no clue how to actually charge time to them. I ended up creating adminstration "projects" in order to account for that type of time.

* I really use this app for "after the fact" logging of my time. From this background, it's a bit frustrating to use. I don't use the start/stop aspect of this app and would like to see a better way to log my time. I *REALLY* like the way your app adds new projects (name/description/charge code) so I'm not looking to change that part. Ideally, I would like to click on a project's button and then have a new button option something like "Charge Time" or "Enter Time" where I can just input 0.5 hours, 2 hours, etc.

* Report- the previous comment leads to this one. I just don't get the whole Adjustment/Rounding Entries part. To me it just distracts from what I really want to know: what did I charge time to and how much time. Again, coupled with my change mentioned above, I'd just like to see a list of what I charged my time to in a clean, straightforward manner.

* Report Options- Perhaps an option group for picking the period of time (day, week, month, etc). I find it a bit annoying that I have to specify a time of day along with the actual date. I'd rather just pick the day and not have to specify a range of hours. I guess I'm just saying that I'd prefer a calender pick tool over the day/time interface that you currently have set up.

Having said all this, I still think you've done a great job. I'm looking forward to the next round of updates!  Smiley

Steve
Charles Augustine
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 11:50:09 PM »

Hi Scole,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have fairly full control over the adjustment picker.  I'll consider adding an option for only showing minutes in increments of 5, rather than 1 in a future version.

It sounds like most of your suggestions are coming from the perspective of after-the-fact logging, as you mentioned.  I definitely see that the workflow for this kind of logging is lacking somewhat, and have been planning to address this.  I'm in the process of migrating some of the back-end of Easy TimeSheet towards the new iPhone OS 3.0 frameworks for added flexibility (in development).  Once I've finished that, expect some features to address these workflow issues you've noted.

Also, the global tasks are primarily just a way to add tasks that you use commonly to assign to time entries.  They are not something you can log time against, they are just designed to make it so you don't have to type common tasks frequently when editing your time entries.

-- Charles
scole

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 12:01:34 AM »

Thanks, Charles.

I appreciate the effort you put into listening to your user's concerns. I'm looking forward to future versions and incorporating it into my work day!..

Steve
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: